Dr. Michael J. Petrocelli was born and raised in North Providence, Rhode Island. He attended the University of Miami in Coral Gables, Florida where he earned his B.S. degree in Biological Sciences. He then went on to receive his Doctor of Podiatric Medicine degree (Cum Laude) at the Scholl College of Podiatric Medicine in Chicago, Illinois. He completed a two-year residency in foot and ankle surgery—with an emphasis on diabetic wound care and limb salvage—at Kern Hospital in Detroit, Michigan.
Dr. Petrocelli is a part of the following organizations:
- Diplomat of the American Board of Podiatric Surgery (And Board Certified in Foot Surgery)
- Fellow of the American College of Foot and Ankle Surgeons
- Fellow of the American Professional Wound Care Association
- Member of the Society for the Advancement of Wound Care
- Member of the American Diabetes Association
- Member of the America, Florida, and Collier County Podiatric Medical Associations
- Frequent Lecturer on Diabetes Wound and Ulcer Care
Dr. Petrocelli has been in practice since 1994. He began with a large group practice in Tampa, FL, before relocating to Naples, FL, in 2002 to start his own practice and be closer to his family. He has been happily married for over 20 years and has one child.
All forms of lower extremity treatment, including major and minor foot surgeries are within Dr. Petrocelli’s scope. In addition to his practice, Dr. Petrocelli is also the staff podiatrist at the Naples Community Hospital Wound Healing Center.