You’re used to doing just about any physical activity you want to do. So when you go on a brisk walk and notice heel pain afterwards, you know something is wrong.
Treat your heel pain and get back to being active again by visiting Collier Podiatry, P.A. in Naples, FL. We diagnose and treat all heel conditions.
Conditions That Cause Heel Pain
Our doctors first examine your foot using high-definition X-rays or an ultrasound. In some cases, we send patients out for an MRI to confirm a tear or fracture. Your heel pain is most likely the result of one of these common conditions:
- Plantar fasciitis and heel spur. If you notice pain and inflammation in your heel, you might have plantar fasciitis. If the condition worsens, it might develop into an abnormal heel bone growth called a heel spur.
- Achilles tendonitis and Achilles tendinosis. Achilles tendonitis is a condition where you feel pain in your Achilles tendon, which is located at the back of your leg near your heel. It can turn into Achilles tendinosis, where the tendon breaks down and tears.
If you think you may have one of these conditions, contact us to identify the source of your pain and receive the best treatment.
Treatment to Relieve Your Heel Pain
After examining your foot and determining the precise cause of your pain, our doctors might recommend the following approaches, depending on your condition:
- Laser therapy
- Custom orthotics to help your feet absorb shock as you walk
- Surgical shoe or boot to repair fractures
- Taping of the foot
- Physical therapy or gentle stretches
- Ice application for 24 to 48 hours and then heat application
If the condition does not improve, our doctors may recommend surgery, cortisone injections for plantar fasciitis or heel spur, and corticosteroid shots for Achilles tendonitis or Achilles tendinosis.
Call for an Appointment
If you suffer from heel pain, call our Naples, FL location at (239) 775- 0019 so we can better assist you.